The following questions are intended for print and broadcast journalists in connection with interviews with composer Meira Warshauer. These topics are designed to facilitate conversation with her and will make for a fascinating interview:
- Your music is deeply influenced by Jewish themes and subjects. Can you describe why this influences you so profoundly?
- Tell me about your process of creating a new work.
- Do you prefer writing music with a specific programmatic idea or music that is not thematic?
- How do you make classical music relevant to today’s audiences?
- You are an environmental activist. How has this influenced your music, specifically your Living Breathing Earth symphony?
- Tell me about creating a concerto for shofar, trombone, and orchestra.
- You have been a board member of the International Alliance for Women in Music. How do you see the place of women composers in today’s classical music?
- You have taught a college course about “The Healing Art of Music.” Was this about physical healing, spiritual healing, or both?
- Tell me about your work with interfaith organizations. Has this had any effect on your compositions.
- What does the future hold for Meira Warshauer?
All press inquiries should be directed to Jeffrey James Arts Consulting at 516-586-3433 or [email protected].